Corporate changes and filings

The Corporation filings apply to Companies that Incorporated (filed Articles of Incorporation) and want to file additional documents relevant to this Company.

As per section 12 of the Companies Act 2013, a company is to have a registered office from the fifteenth day of its incorporation to be able to receive and acknowledge all communication and notices that are addressed to it. Further, verification of the registered office must be furnished to the Registrar within a period of 30 days of company incorporation.

Every change of the situation of the registered office shall be notified to the Registrar within 15 days of the change. Hence, any change in the registered office of the company shall be filed with the ROC within 15 days in form INC- 22. To verify the situation of the registered office or the change in the registered office of the company, the government has prescribed rule 25 and 27 of the Companies Rules 2014 which have been summarised below.

The documents for verification (depending on the ownership status) of the registered office are mentioned below.

  • Incase the registered office owned by the company itself, the conveyance deed of the property in the name of the company is required.
  • Incase the registered office is taken on lease/rent by the company, the lease deed or the rent agreement and rent receipts (in case of rental) is required. The rent receipt cannot be older than one month.
  • Incase the office is owned by the director or any other persons and the premises are not on lease by the company, the company needs to attach proof that the company is permitted to use the place as its registered office. This may be in the form of a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the ow
  • Special Resolution– This is to be passed in a general meeting if it wants to change the registered office to a place outside the local lists of the city, town or village wherein the office is presently located.
  • Board Resolution– A board resolution to enable the authorisation of the director to sign and submit form INC- 22 needs to be passed.